Administrative tools for Coordinators and Managers are listed in this page. What are administrative tools? They are simple functions that allow the coordinators to manipulate a participant’s mechanics in ClinDATC. There are also tools that interacts (e.g. export data) with the tables in ClinDATC database. There are currently 3 tools classified under ‘General’ as of version 2.2.0.
Wipe Participant Data in All Instruments
This tool wipes all answers from both Incomplete and Completed questionnaires for single selected participant by Participant ID. There are 3 ways of purging the answers,
- By Visit Label (with Instrument = All instruments) – All answers in instruments associated with the selected Visit Label will be wiped for the entered Participant ID.
- By Instrument Name (with Visit Label = All visits) – A questionnaire may exists in multiple visits and this method will wipe all instances of that questionnaire across all associated Visit Labels.
- By Instrument Name in a Visit Label – This is to erase all answers for the selected questionnaire in the selected Visit Label only. Hence, if this is a multi-visit instrument, the answers for the rest of the Visit Labels (other than selected Visit Label) will be left untouched.
Extend Visit Deadline
There are 3 visit types in ClinDATC.
- Enabled Throughout Study
- Auto Enabled, Pre-defined Window
- Manual Enabled.
You can read detailed explanations on how each visit type behaves throughout the course of the study here. Participants must complete all questionnaires in each visit before the visit’s completion deadline. Each participant will have their own respective deadline for each different visit label (e.g. they were recruited into the study at different timeline). A participant will not gain access to questionnaires in visits that have been overdue.
Coordinators and Managers can use this tool to extend the deadline for the affected visit in order for the participant to gain access to attempt the questionnaires again. This is useful if, for example, the participant was out of town for long period of time. Note that questionnaires listed in (1. Enabled Throughout Study) visit type have no deadline as these questionnaires are accessible (appear) to the participants throughout the course of the study.
One can (only) download the answers stored in the ClinDATC database using this tool. The downloaded file format is Excel CSV. There are 2 ways to choose how data is downloaded,
- By Instrument Name (Visit Label = All visits) – This is to compile all the answers from all associated visits into 1 table if the selected questionnaire span across multiple visits. There will be a column (visitid) to identify which visit does the row of data belongs to in the CSV file.
- By Instrument Name in a Visit Label – Only download the data associated to the selected Visit Label even if the questionnaire span across multiple visits.